How Much Do You Know About Autism?
Autism is a developmental problem that often starts in early childhood. Different children with autism can have widely different symptoms, so autism is called a "spectrum disorder." This means it is a group of disorders with similar features that ranged from mild to serious. Find out more about autism by taking the following quiz.
You should have your child assessed for autism right away if any of these symptoms are present. Other behaviors that should raise concerns include:
- Possible deafness, or deafness that comes and goes
- The child used to speak but now does not
- The child doesn't smile when smiled at
- The child throws intense temper tantrums
- The child walks on his or her toes
Online Medical Reviewer: Fraser, Marianne, MSN, RN
Online Medical Reviewer: Watson, L Renee, MSN, RN